Friday, January 25, 2008

Are You Smarter Than a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader?

I don't usually watch Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader but I caught a question last night. Apparently the contestant was a Dallas Cowboys fan and some of the cheerleaders were there to help this guy. The question I saw was in the category "First Grade Art" and here it is:

Gluing macaroni on to a piece of construction paper is called Macrame`. True or False?

Did I mention that the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders were in full uniform? This guy drew a blank on the First Grade Art question. He had to get help from his cheerleader he picked to stand next to him. Fortunately for him, this cheerleader was fluent in the world of macaroni/construction paper artwork. That was a $2,000 dollar question.

I have to watch this game show once in a while, it's a TV bloggers dream.

Just in case you slept through Macrame` class the answer is - False
mac-ra-me` - coarse lace made as of cord knotted in designs
mac-a-ro-ni - pasta in the form of tubes, etc.

No comments: