Friday, December 21, 2007

Boring Television and I'm Not Stupid

I know that during the blessed holiday season television consists of repeats and Christmas specials, I know that. But still I grab the remote and try to find something to watch. NBC and ABC have attempted a radical move. Yes, radical baby. They've had the same show on every night. Battle of some choirs on NBC and Duel with one of the Mikes on ABC. If you like one of the new shows you're set for the week. If you're like me and don't like a new television show being crammed down your throat you flip around with the remote until you find Lingo and end up watching that.
I suppose this post would have a different tone if either of these shows could hold my interest. I'm growing tired of spin-offs of reality TV and the choirs battling is just an Idol wannabe. And Duel, I didn't catch it from the beginning, so I'm clueless as to what's going on and don't care to take the time to figure it out. Lazy, yes, my television is a box that entertains me. It's turned on at night when I am unwinding. I'm not stupid because I don't want to understand a game show, just tired and want to laugh. And I'm so missing LOST!

2 comments:

Cynthia Blue said...

I've been grateful for satellite that last few days, mainly HD programming. There have been some good movies on that I've been able to record (some at 1am) and watch during the day.

I, too, am bored of the repeats and would like to see new episodes. But is the writer's strike still on? Hrmph.

Sue said...

Yep, the writers strike is still on. We received a few DVD's for Christmas and I guess we will be watching those.