Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Super Glue Drama

Rarely do I have a need for a handheld bottle opener. Life has been simplified over the years. If you want beer in the bottle you twist off the cap. And that's the way it should be. Not with Heiniken, you have to use a bottle opener for God's sake.
Our bottle opener has a magnet on it so we can keep it stuck to the refrigerator. We would never be able to find it if it wasn't magnetized. The magnet fell off Sunday. Tuesday I got around to fixing it, this is when the drama began.
I always tell myself, "I'm going to be careful this time." On the phone with my mother I decided to multi-task. Gossip and super glue don't mix! I got the dreaded concoction on my counter and just about all of my finger tips. I couldn't hang up the phone because then it would be stuck to me. I jabbered on with my mom while trying to clean the mess. The trick is to just put the lid on the damn tube before things get out of hand and then work from there.
I sat down with my husband to watch the Cleveland Indians game, then decide to get ready for bed. My super glue drama wasn't over. As I mentioned almost all my finger tips were affected in the incident. Huh. I took my contacts out with my pinkies.

No comments: