Sunday, May 4, 2008

Explaining LOST

If you are a avid watcher of LOST have you ever tried to explain a scene to anyone that isn't? Last episode the husband decided to stay up instead of going to bed when LOST came on. He's under strict instructions to be quiet until commercials. During the episode when Sawyer found Aaron alone in the jungle crying I knew there was no way I could explain this to him to have it make any sense. But it went a little something like this:

That man in the middle of the night, deep in the jungle, that Claire saw holding her baby, Aaron, is indeed her dad. Only he's suppose to be dead, that's why Jack was in Australia, to bring back his body. Oh, Jack and Claire are brother and sister by the same dead guy, but they don't know they are related. This dead guy keeps showing up on craphole island, Jack found his coffin, conveniently empty.
So Claire followed the dead guy that was holding her baby and disappeared. Aaron, who Claire has been holding since she had him, is alone crying in the jungle. So where the hell is Claire? Walking around the jungle with a dead guy?

You see where I'm coming from? Claire has already gone missing, we've been there and done that. We know something happens to Claire and she doesn't make it off the island and Aaron does. I can't think of anything more annoying as to why if the explanation is that she just disappeared.

5 comments:

mauniejames3 said...

I know (laughing) BUT I LOVE LOST... it's like when I used to watch the soaps..hubby would come home and it's all so convuluted..how can you possibly explain..lost, House, Grays...I have more faves this year...but they are all so complcated...

BenSpark said...

I love lost but your explanation was funny. Craphole island, a riot.

Sue said...

Oh I love LOST too guys, just somethings leave me scratching my head!
I wish I could take credit for "Craphole Island" but that is from the first season, Shannon said it!

Anonymous said...

I love LOST as well, but it's hell just trying to keep up with it. If you miss an episode, it always seems like you miss so much (and I say this after missing a season and a half).

It takes an intelligent viewer just to know what is going on.

Sue said...

I usually have to watch each episode twice! LOL!