Thursday, November 10, 2011

Once Upon A Time

Remember back when you were a little kid, before you could read? I know it's difficult but try to remember those stories our parents read to us. That's what ABC's latest Fall Show, Once Upon A Time is doing to me. It's making me search the dusty, cobwebbed corners of my brain, trying to remember who the hell is Rumplestiltskin. I recall the name but can't remember his part in my childhood stories.
I remember reading to my kids before they could read right before bed. You want them to go to sleep, you're tired, so you skip a few pages. It happens, everyone does it. Our parents must have done it because I can't remember most of this stuff going on in this show. I've been googling Story Book Stories since I decided to invest an hour of my week every Sunday.
My theory is our parents skipped some pages to get us to go to bed quicker and to save us the nightmares from these conniving, heart stealing, black market baby racketeers. Along came Political Correctness and the pages were taken out. So now that we are old enough to handle the cruel world that is Snow Whites, there is no documentation to back it up, it's been erased.
We can march into our parents house and demand to know the whole story on this Rumplestiltskin or we can watch Once Upon A Time on Sunday nights. Because these people aren't afraid of the truth, they are filling in the blanks and I'm loving this show. I didn't think it would suck me in the way it has, the fact that it's executive producer and creator Edward Kitsis is a former producer of LOST might have something to do with it. If you are aware of the LOST connection then you can't help but see the numbers everywhere and it sends chills up my spine. "Oh my God the evil mayor's address is 108!"

No comments: