Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Come

Looking into the early afternoon sky I couldn’t help but feel a sense of urgency. Up above me in the space that once held the warm, bright sun gave way to an ominous darkness that enveloped my little world.

With several errands on my list yesterday I was distracted by the colors of impending doom. Black and gray with midnight blue mingled together and spread across the horizon. They slowly crept across the skyline as if they were trying to sneak up on us. The colors rolled together forming threatening tufts of clouds.

Each time I left the safety of my heated car the air outside felt colder. The wind swirled around me and the damnable clouds started to break apart bringing frigid raindrops to the earth.

This was it, it was rolling into our lives. Whether we wanted to see it or not, it would stay with us, like an annoying out of town relative overstaying their welcome. Winter has arrived.

No comments: