Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What's Up With the Water Polo Hats?

I spent way too much time watching Mens Water Polo on the Olympics this past weekend, it was something like 15 minutes. I've never seen Water Polo except on the Olympics and I remain clueless after all these years. Are they wearing boy hats or girl hats? Why must they tie it in a neat little bow under their chins? I couldn't look away from the hats, never saw the ball. And why in the name of all that is holy are there two teams playing and in the picture, three different color hats. Is Water Polo the equivilent of Curling in the Winter Olympics?

4 comments:

ejsail said...

Your words could have come right out of my brain! What in the world? I thought the exact same thing - are they boy hats or girl hats? Why would they wear them when they look so feminine? I would think there would have been a revolt a long time ago! Could they not use velcro instead of the little bow under their chin? It was incredibly distracting to me as well. I think it's time for re-design. Perhaps you aren't too far off when you asked if it might be the equivilent of curling. LOL

Sue said...

Velcro! Exactly! That would work. The swimmers wear bathing caps and still look hot. What's wrong with these water polo guys?

Kathy said...

I'm with ejsail. I was thinking the same thing! Although what came to mind for me when looking at the white hats was that they looked like underpants. Bulging, hilarious underpants. You can't tell me the guys enjoy wearing those. Funny!

Sue said...

OMG! They do look like tighty whities!